Netflix / Fate: The Winx Saga
Freefolk is delighted to announce their delivery of a significant award of VFX as lead vendor for season two of Netflix series, Fate: The Winx Saga.
Dave Houghton, who the Freefolk team worked with previously on Cursed for Netflix, was the overall VFX Supervisor. The Freefolk crew were led by VFX Supervisor, Steve Murgatroyd, CG Supervisor, Harin Hirani, and VFX Executive Producer, Meg Guidon.
The team were tasked with creating numerous ethereal elements for the series including fire, water, ice, air bubbles, writhing muscles, glowing veins, vines, a protective magical barrier for Alfea College and a portal as well as as an elaborate banqueting hall ceiling adorned with mangrove like tree roots.
- Creator Brian Young
- Agency/Client Netflix
- Based on the Winx Club Series created by Iginio Straffi
- Co-Executive Producer Shaina Fewell
- DOP Manoel C Ferreira
- Visual Effects Supervisor David Houghton
- Line Producer Edmund Sampson
- Production Manager Ciara McGowan
- 1st AD Andy Mannion
Sarah Beth Moylan
- Visual Effects Producer David Stephens
- Post Production Supervisor Pete Oldham
- Freefolk Visual Effects Supervisor Steve Murgatroyd
- CG Supervisor Harin Hirani
- Nuke Supervisor Simon-Pierre Puech
- Executive Producer Meg Guidon
- Line Producer George Butler
- Production Assistant Regan Perry
- Concept Artist Mikkel Frandsen
- Intern Josh Hockey