Lead Nuke Compositor
We are seeking an experienced Lead Nuke Compositor to join our award-winning Film and Episodic team full-time. You will work alongside top VFX professionals in a dynamic studio environment. You will utilise your expert Nuke skills and creativity to execute compositing for commercials and long-form projects.
Celebrating 20 years, we are a team of Emmy-winning creative artists, technicians, producers and problem solvers who use post-production as their toolbox. Working closely with clients in the advertising, film, TV and music industries, we provide a full-service post-production and VFX offering including high-end colour grading, 2D & 3D visual effects, shoot supervision, animation, design, direction and concept. At Freefolk, we're a tight-knit community and proud of both our reputation of doing great work but also being a great place to work.
- Responsible for leading and creating high-quality digital composites and visual effects for feature films and television whilst also supervising junior artists and collaborating with the team as a whole.
- Closely work with VFX Supervisors and 2D Supervisors to composite the numerous elements that complete a VFX shot and implement compositing tasks based on that supervision.
- Create master scripts and distribute shots to appropriate artists.
- Seamlessly integrate all layers/elements of a shot with a deep understanding of Keying, tracking, 3D render integration, look development and shot finaling.
- Strong sense of colour grading and a good understanding of colour-space procedures.
- Dictate shot methodology for sequence work, keeping up to date with compositing software and developing methodologies.
- Follow production process, developing creative approaches and problem-solving.
- Proficient in using 2.5d approaches, projections, and using 3D environments within Nuke
- Thorough understanding of compositing multi-channel lighting passes and how each channel contributes to the final image
- Work in partnership with lighters and other compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
- Ideally minimum 4 years of experience in the film industry
- Mastery of Nuke
- Expert knowledge of compositing as well as integration of 3D elements into plates
- Experience using multi-pass CG elements
- Strong artistic skills and meticulous attention to detail
- This person must be able to work hybrid between home and our brand new East London office
Why join Freefolk?
- Award winning team that work across film, tv and commercial projects.
- Hybrid working to maintain work/life balance as much as possible
- Drinks on Thursdays
- Employee birthday celebrations
- Summer sports day
- Pub quizzes and other socials throughout the year
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Breakfast and snacks in the office
- To apply email email@example.com and ensure your showreel/website is linked to your CV
- Include 'Lead Nuke Compositor' in the subject of the email.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted.