Want to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast-paced environment?
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Administrator / Systems Engineer to join our fast-paced and growing team.
You will be involved in all areas of the IT infrastructure, including security; virtualisation; Linux/Windows server environments; networking and storage and take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to use their initiative, previous experience and troubleshooting skills to proactively problem solve and assist other engineers in the support, maintenance, design and implementation in all areas of Freefolk’s core infrastructure.
You will be supporting our Head of Systems with the day-to-day running of an award-winning VFX post house. This will be a hybrid role with the first couple of months working remotely and assisting with the office move, then following a hybrid structure from September onwards
- Very good knowledge of Linux (CentOS) and likely to have previous experience in Linux System Administration roles
- Scripting experience using Python or Bash
- Linux lifecycles management tooling experiences such as Ansible, Foreman, Puppet, Salt or Chef
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Maintaining and supporting our Linux servers and workstation infrastructure.
- Provide hands-on support to our remote and on-site Colour Graders, Editors, Producers, Pipeline TDs and VFX Artists.
- Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
- RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server
- VMWare vSphere
- Mellanox and Aruba networking
- Network Monitoring and Centralized Logging
- Working as an active team member for the joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, and documentation for assigned action items and deliverables.
Nice to have:
- Understanding and working experience in Cloud Compute, Storage and Networking
- Microsoft Server and Microsoft ActiveDirectory experience
- Familiarity in administering macOS systems
- Understanding of GPFS or similar clustered file systems
How to apply:
We encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Cover Letter.
Include your name and ‘IT Administrator’ in the subject of your email.